ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & SERVICES
General Terms & Conditions
Please find the DHL eCommerce General Terms and Conditions for Vietnam as PDF download below.
Prohibited, Restricted and Dangerous Goods
Did you know that nail polish, hair sprays and perfumes can be classified as dangerous goods and therefore are prohibited? If you are thinking of sending such commodities, please seek advice from us. If the goods are hidden, declared incorrectly, completely undeclared, packed or labelled incorrectly, health and safety is compromised and fines may apply.
Prohibited – Goods You Are Not Allowed to Send
- Animals (including insects, hatching eggs)
- Counterfeit or pirated goods
- Dangerous goods, hazardous or combustible materials
- Drugs and narcotics (illegal)
- Firearms, weapons, ammunition (including replicas)
- Human remains (including ashes)
- Irreplaceable items
- Negotiable instruments in Bearer Form
- Any item(s), the carriage of which is prohibited by any law, regulation or state of any federal, state or local government to or through which the shipment may be carried.
Restricted – Goods That Can Be Sent but With Restrictions
- Alcoholic beverages (e.g. beer, wine, spirits)
- Animal products, plant products and plants (e.g. animal skins, cotton, seeds, teas)
- Antiques or Fine Art or Works of Art
- Collectibles and/or rare items (any item worth more than its original purchase or that is not commonly available)
- Drugs and pharmaceutical products
- Foreign lotteries (including circulars)
- Fur(s)/ivory/endangered animal products
- Industrial diamonds/carbons
- Medical samples
- Negotiable instruments in Non-bearer Form
- Perishable items (e.g. flowers, foodstuffs, items requiring temperature control or special handling)
- Precious metals and stones (including jewelry)
- Publications (certain types may be restricted by law)
- Soil, earth
- Any aerosols, including: hair spray and deodorants
- Air bag inflators and modules or seat-belt pretensioners
- Alcoholic beverages containing > 24% alcohol by volume
- Batteries classified as dangerous such as wet spillable/non spillable lead-acid/alkaline batteries
- Batteries/cells including: lithium-ion/polymer/metal – alone and in or with electronic devices
- Carbon dioxide, solid (Dry Ice)
- Corrosives such as: acids, corrosive paint and dyes, rust removers
- Environmental waste including: used engine oil and used or damaged batteries
- Explosives or ammunition such as: fireworks, flares and sparklers
- Flammable liquids such as: acetone, lighter fluid, solvent based paints
- Flammable solids including: magnesium and potassium
- Gases including: flammable, non flammable, compressed and toxic gases such as fire extinguishers and scuba tanks
- Infectious and/or biological substances expected to contain pathogens or other agents such as: bacteria, viruses, parasites, prions
- Matches, lighters or lighter refills including: cigarette lighters containing petrol and butane lighters
- Oxidizing materials or organic peroxides such as disinfectants and hair dyes
- Pesticides, toxic herbicides and insecticides or poisons toxic substances
Optimize your shipping program with these invaluable services.
To further enhance our domestic shipping products, DHL eCommerce provides a broad selection of premium services at cost-effective prices. When you take advantage of these additional offerings, you draw on resources including our advanced technology, one of the world’s largest delivery networks and international logistics expertise.
In DHL eCommerce Vietnam, we provide a great value added service to increase the confidence of consumer buying from an online channel which is cash on delivery. Business merchants can now have a peace of mind that a reputable service provider are able to collect and remit the cash payments back to the business merchant in a quick manner.
All of our Business Customers receive individual log-in data for our customer portals. Kindly use this data to login to see detailed information and a complete overview of your shipments.
DHL eCommerce Shipment Insurance provides peace of mind to you and your customer, making it easy to protect yourself against loss or damage to goods while they are in transit. Additional insurance can be purchased to insure higher value items.