LIFE SCIENCES & HEALTHCARE
A Trusted Partner. Solving Life Sciences & Healthcare Challenges.
Providing high quality products, ensuring patient safety and compliance with new regulations are just some of the challenges facing the Life Sciences and Healthcare sector.
Providers need to adapt their supply chains to confront these challenges.
At DHL we meet these challenges head on - collaborating and innovating solutions in partnership with you.
Life Sciences & Healthcare Products & Solutions Transport
DHL has a wide range of transportation options for the specific needs of the life sciences and healthcare industry.
Offering 24/7/365 proactive shipment monitoring and intervention, this service delivers regulatory compliance with high visibility of the Customer’s product movement throughout the supply chain.
Meeting global standards for temperature-controlled life sciences air freight shipments, the service is supported by our global Good Distribution Practice (GDP) compliant network of certified life sciences stations.
Adhering to regulatory compliant customer procedures, this service is managed through the industry-dedicated IT system ‘LifeTrack’.
Designed for temperature-controlled ocean freight life science shipments that require real-time visibility and active monitoring.
Our dedicated, fully monitored and temperature controlled service for palletized groupage, part-load and full-load shipments, for Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences & Health Care products.
Temperature controlled services: cooled (+2°C to +8°C) or ambient (+15°C to +25°C).
Efficient, flexible and fully monitored along the entire transport chain.
Transportation of time and temperature sensitive investigational medicines, clinical supplies and support materials to clinics and hospitals, and the inbound return transportation of time or temperature sensitive specimens to laboratories and research organizations often related to a Clinical Trial.
Life-science-graded regional hubs to safely store products close but outside target markets.
Life-science-graded forward stocking/ free trade zone locations in selected markets.
A global network of facilities focused on Life Sciences and Healthcare, over 140 life-science-graded and GDP-certified facilities in 40 countries. 10+ GMP facilities world-wide providing value added services optimizing the flexibility and agility of you supply chain.
From storage of raw materials to consumables, spare parts and finished goods, DHL provides solutions that ensure that you can deliver on your customer promise. And whether efficiency is best served by sharing warehouse operations or creating a dedicated operation, we will provide the solution that drives the best value for your business.
Increase operational efficiency and reduce costs with a broad range of fully integrated, strategic, end-to-end sourcing and procurement solutions. Taking full advantage of DHL's global procurement expertise, world-class processes, supplier relationships, and leverage as a large buyer, our comprehensive outsourced "source-to-contract" service includes:
- Global procurement strategy development
- Organization design, training and transformation
- Category expertise and supplier sourcing
- Ethical and sustainable supply chain management
- Contract and supplier performance management
- Purchase-to-pay activities
- Inventory management, including demand planning, optimization and finance
Bypass traditional distributors and trade directly with your healthcare customers with a direct-to-market solution. Our standardized fulfilment and distribution services, which are fully integrated with both multi-channel order management and accounts receivable capabilities, include:
- Standardized warehousing management
- Ambient and temperature-controlled facilities
- Single- and multi-location storage and inventory management
- Integrated transportation management with domestic and international shipping
- Full order-to-cash B2B solution
- Customer service support
- Real-time order and shipment tracking with proof of delivery
- Delivery and returns order management
- Pre-built integration capabilities that reduce implementation time and cost
Transform your supply chain with help from DHL as your Lead Logistics Partner, leveraging our expertise in the following areas:
- Design - Ensure that your transport and supply chain processes flow as efficiently as possible with DHL's expert knowledge and innovative analysis tools
- Management Services - Source logistics providers, manage suppliers and handle your customer touch points with our management offering, which also provides for freight bill, audit and customs services
- Operations - Gain visibility, synchronize transport and minimize daily operational risks with our unique Control Tower offering
- Continuous Improvement - Drive end-to-end visibility with our "Total Logistics Cost Management" approach, which helps you minimize costs with an ongoing analysis of changing market requirements, volumes volatility and evolving supply chain management trends
Life Sciences & Healthcare Insights
Keep abreast of the latest Life Sciences and Healthcare trends & innovations.