DEMYSTIFYING ASIA PACIFIC TRADE TRENDS
In the current fragile global macroeconomic environment, the Asia Pacific (APAC) remains a region of optimism. Positioned to be the world’s fastest growing region, trade is and will be one of the key growth sectors for APAC. By 2030 intra-APAC trade is projected to account for almost 50% of the top global trade lanes. This paper seeks to demystify the trade trends and implications in a complex economic region, tackling the questions below:
- How could the relative importance of this region change and what are the key trends and challenges in APAC markets?
- What can businesses expect to see in the next few years and how may it impact supply chains in the region?
Emerging manufacturing hubs, increasing domestic consumption, and rapidly growing e-commerce will drive APAC’s strong growth. To realize potential gains in the region, businesses must:
- Align investment strategies with high-potential markets and trade lanes
- Redraw their manufacturing footprint in line with trade incentives
- Review multimodal transportation options to benefit from improving connectivity
- Respond to wide-scale e-commerce opportunities with omni-channel strategies
- Partner with logistics providers that offer end-to-end solutions
The paper is the first of the Asia Pacific Insights series brought to you by the DHL Asia Pacific Innovation Center. This paper aims to offer insights on trends businesses and logistics providers must prepare for, to succeed in the APAC region. Enjoy the read!