The Reliability You Demand, The Flexibility You Need
Full-container-loads provided by DHL ensure a reliable, safe and cost-efficient transportation from door to door globally. By using various equipment types we offer tailored solutions for all kinds of commodities.
DHL Ocean Direct FCL uses Full-Container-Loads to provide reliable, flexible and cost efficient transportation globally. Offering tailored alternatives for the movement of all kinds of commodities using various equipment types and capacities.
- Safe and cost-efficient door-to-door transportation for Full-Container-Loads
- Optional additional services to fit with your business needs
- Rigorous vendor selection and quality management process
Full container loads provided by DHL ensure a reliable, safe and cost-efficient transportation from door to door globally. By using various equipment types we offer tailored solutions for all kinds of commodities.
- Capacity and space protection from and to all major ports globally
- Shipments covered by our own Bills of Lading – Danmar Lines
- A huge variety of pick-up and delivery options in any country
- Rigorous vender selection and quality management process
- Transportation of dangerous goods
- Flexitanks for non-hazardous liquid transportation
- Ocean Secure for GPS enabled tracking in real time
- Index Linked Container Contracts (ILCC) that align customer rates with market dynamics
- Dedicated customs experts throughout the DHL network
- All shipments and orders can be tracked 24/7 via the internet
- Green Danmar option to select a more carbon efficient carrier that best fits customer operational needs
- Buyers and sellers consolidation
- Realtime tracking
- Reduced shipping costs vs non-consolidated shipments
Provides customized buyers’ and shippers’ consolidation, so multiple orders can be bundled from various manufacturers in single or multi-country origin locations, and loaded into own dedicated Full Container Load (FCL) containers. As a result the load factors are increased and your costs are reduced.
- Worldwide availability
- Cost efficiency through Customer’s Supply Chain optimization
- Shipment visibility from end-to-end and in real time
- Import/export customs brokerage
Specialist Full-Container-Load Service Options
Choose from our DHL Ocean Direct FCL options below to find the perfect solution for your company.
- A multi-layered bladder that holds up to 24,000 liters
- Fits into a standard 20ft ocean freight container
- For non-hazardous liquids
An environmentally-friendly solution for the transportation of bulk non-hazardous liquids. This multi-layer bladder is designed to fit into a 20-foot standard ocean container, effectively turning it into the equivalent of an ISO tank.
- An excellent alternative to ISO tanks, IBC totes and drums
- Suitable for non-hazardous liquid chemicals, beverages and bio-fuels
- Up to 31% increased volume for cargo transportation
- Contaminant-free Flexitanks are manufactured using virgin films, preventing contamination of goods
- No repositioning cost
- Save money on loading and unloading
- Container security devices mounted to the container to monitor the location and condition of cargo
- Communication networks to transmit data from device/container to remote users via GSM
- Visibility platform to track shipments close to real time and manage situations
DHL Ocean Secure uses container security devices that utilize mobile GSM networks to communicate and provide visibility on an online platform. It is a service element of DHL Ocean Direct FCL, providing visibility, security and flexibility to assure a reliable door-to-door shipment, improving transparency across trade lanes.
- In-transit visibility: Monitoring of mission critical parameters and notification of remote users in case of exception
- Container position: Tracking of whereabouts of the container during the trip through GSM and/or GPS
- Container condition: Monitoring of several parameters for the container: temperature, humidity, light
- Container integrity & security: Monitoring of container door opening with notification by e-mail, SMS or call
- Selection of green carriers: 5% more carbon efficient than industry average
- Provided through Danmar Lines, DHL’s own NVOCC (Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier)
- Neutralize your emissions at the best price without any additional efforts
DHL Green Danmar uses carbon-efficient ocean freight, with a carrier who is over 5% more carbon-efficient than the industry average, to meet your environmentally conscious needs. Offered with our DHL Ocean Direct FCL product and proved through Danmar Lines, DHL's own NVOCC (Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier).
When combined with our additional offsetting solution, you can transform your consignment into a CO2 free shipment to further improve your carbon efficiency.
- Your operational needs met by a selection of green carriers
- Genuine proof of carbon reduction and efficiency improvements to substantiate your external sustainability communication
- Benefit from DHL’s environmental carrier evaluation and carbon efficiency database
Why Choose Us?
- We have logistics experts specializing in major industry sectors, so we can help you improve your performance and drive out costs
- We’re on the ground in over 190 countries worldwide allowing you to export and import from more locations worldwide. Providing more ocean loops and services than anyone else
- Our DHL Flexitanks bring unique levels of freight flexibility and capacity for your liquid transportation
- DHL controlled Ocean Freight shipments include a wide range of quality controlled equipment types allowing you to focus on your core business
Interested in keeping up with the latest global logistics news and insights? Stay ahead of the game with DHL Global Forwarding.