Your Trusted Partner for Automotive
Logistics solutions for the automotive sector must be as diverse as the sector itself. Focusing on the following sub-sectors allows DHL Freight to have all trends and challenges on the radar and to implement standard or customised domestic & international end-to-end solutions.
- Passenger Vehicles – Manufactured by Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM´s)
- Commercial Vehicles – Light-Medium-Heavy Trucks (over 3.5 tons)
- Component Manufacturers – Split into 1-Tier, 2-Tier, 3-Tier and n-Tier suppliers to demonstrate the complexity of the produced part.
- Tires – Producing tires for passengers or commercial vehicles, motorcycles, aviation, agricultural or racing.
Whether it is on a LTL, PTL or FTL basis – DHL Automotive experts analyse, optimise and implement complex transportation solutions and offer area forwarding concepts, I2M, JIT, JIS and some other automotive specific set-up. Our state of the art FCM (Freight Chain Manager) web portal provides visibility along your supply chain.
What We Offer for the Automotive Industry
As an automotive company you will be dealing with our dedicated automotive experts. Combining the expertise from your sector and being experts in the logistics world, they strive to find solutions meeting your specific needs.
Check out the following graphic to proof our sector experience:
Pride = DHL is proud to support our Automotive & Tires customers in their development or day to day work or continuous development
Pace = Our automotive network provides the capabilities to have the right product at the right place & time
Power = Our automotive solutions have the power to support your growth around the world
Passion = Our automotive experts work hard every day to fulfil your requirements.
Our Rail Freight Products offer secure, reliable and environmentally friendly freight transportation via rail, either throughout Europe or connecting Europe and Asia, West- and Eastbound, LCL (Less-than-Container Load) or FCL (Full-Container Load).
Our broad range of customs brokerage services ensure a smooth and on time border crossing of shipments, without administrative burden, delays or penalties.
We take the complexity out of customs.
- A broad portfolio of customs services including:
- Import and Export
- Declaration Filing
- Security Filing
- Duties & Taxes
- Other Government
- Agency Services
- In-Transit Movement
- Permits and Licensing
- Application Services
- Present in over 200 countries worldwide
- Processing more than 7mn customs entries per year
- Dedicated team of customs experts
- Global, regional and country teams to ensure operational consistency and compliant trade activities
- Operated in accordance with governance structure, code of conduct and compliance standards
- Strong relationships with government customs and security authorities
- Superior level of service delivery globally, utilising the latest customs clearance technologies
Transform your supply chain with help from DHL as your Lead Logistics Partner, leveraging our expertise in the following areas:
- Design – Ensure that your transport and supply chain processes flow as efficiently as possible with DHL’s expert knowledge and innovative analysis tools
- Management Services – Source logistics providers, manage suppliers and handle your customer touch points with our management offering, which also provides for freight bill, audit and customs services
- Operations – Gain visibility, synchronise transport and minimise daily operational risks with our unique Control Tower offering
- Continuous Improvement – Drive end-to-end visibility with our “Total Logistics Cost Management” approach, which helps you minimise costs with an ongoing analysis of changing market requirements, volumes volatility and evolving supply chain management trends
Discover the connections DHL can make for you...
Sign up to our newsletter