NEW FOR 2019 - FUTURE LEADERS PROGRAM
Program Starts: September 2019
Applications: Open 24th September 2018
Salary: £27,000 per annum + competitive benefits package
Are you a talented and ambitious student or graduate who wants to manage and lead people? Do you want to inspire others and support people through exciting and challenging times? Do you see yourself as someone who can get the best out of people and achieve high targets?
Our Future Leaders Program is all about developing our managers and leaders of the future for our Operations. Being at the forefront of the DHL Supply Chain business, our operations are where our people use their skills and expertise to make a difference to our customers.
The Program is structured to build your experience of being a people manager at all levels of the operation. We want to develop our Graduates to become our General Managers and business leaders of the future and by working your way through the operations we will give you the skills and experience you need to fast track your way through our business.
You will have the opportunity to work on a number of customer contracts and locations within the UK, including working in our Retail & Consumer, Automotive, Supply Chain Solutions and Life Sciences & Healthcare businesses. Most of the learning occurs on the job, when graduates are faced with real life daily challenges and responsibility; however, we also supplement this experience with formal management skills development training.
Our graduates are empowered to take initiative, actively get involved in different teams and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business, customers and the environment. A diverse range of career and development opportunities will help ensure you achieve your career and personal goals.
What the Program looks like:
- 36 month structured Program
- 3 x 12 month placements
- Based in our warehouse and transport operations
- Early responsibility and fast progression – structured placements to give you the skills & experiences you need
- Experience of working within fast paced sites and environments
- A framework of personal development modules focusing on managerial skills
- Regular performance feedback and personal development planning
- All placements are within our UK business
- 2:2 or above degree classification (predicted or obtained at the time of application) in any discipline
- Passion and motivation to start and develop a career within the logistics/supply chain industry in the UK market
- A “Can Do” attitude, and ability to be flexible in approach to working styles, shifts and roles
- A desire to be a people manager and to lead teams of people through day to day business and exciting change projects
- Fully mobile to relocate within the UK (graduates will be required to relocate for their placements whilst on the Program)
- Must hold a valid UK driving license at the start of the Program
- Eligibility to work in the UK for the full duration of the Program
- Must be fluent in English
- Confident communicator- able to tailor communication style according to the audience
- Enthusiastic and open-minded in getting the most out of the Program
- Sensitive to diverse working teams and environments
What will you get in return?
As part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers and retail discounts. You will also receive an annual salary review and be included in our annual bonus scheme.
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities upon successful completion of the Program and a professional environment where you can acquire, use and continue developing your skills.
We want our graduates to build their careers with us upon successful completion of the Program; contribute their ideas to influence the success of our business; and give them the opportunity to be a part of an organization that makes a contribution to society as well as to the world of logistics.
What to do next?
We will be opening applications for our Graduate Programs on the 24th September 2018.
For any questions regarding our DHL Supply Chain Graduate Programs take a look at our FAQ page.
For any other questions please contact us: