CN office reopen date due Novel Coronavirus Pneumonia
Dear Valued Customers,
We would like to give you the latest update on the outbreak of Novel Coronavirus in the Hubei province and any impact to DHL Global Forwarding’s (DGF’s) operations in China. We are closely monitoring the situation as part of our strong commitment to ensure the safety of our employees whilst working towards mitigating any possible impact to our customers’ operations. The situation as of today, 29 January 2020 is as follows:
- According to a Central Government notice issued on 27 January, all companies in China have been requested to extend the Lunar New Year holiday and not re-open their premises until 3 February, Monday for Mainland China (it may be varied from city to city per notification from local authorities) while remain the same as 29 January, Wednesday for Hong Kong.
- For DGF offices in Mainland China, office re-open date will be varied. For details, please refer to the enclosed appendix “DGF Offices Re-open Date”.
- All DGF operations including warehousing, offices and other facilities except Wuhan continue to operate uninterrupted as per usual. Cargo in/out to/from Wuhan have been suspended until further notice and our customer service teams are currently following up on shipment status with respective customers and discussing alternative transport plans.
- There is so far no reports of DGF staff in China and Hong Kong becoming infected with Coronavirus. The company has undertaken significant preventive and proactive measures prior, during and after Lunar New Year to ensure we best safeguard our employees’ health and safety and continue to manage our day-to-day operations with little or no impact to our customers’ shipments.
- Our team is monitoring the situation closely, working with all governmental regulations as they evolve. As with all our operations around the world, we have contingency measures in place both for our employees and customer shipments. If our customer’s shipments are impacted, we will work closely with our customers to determine the best course of action for any affected shipments.
Please rest assured that we will keep you updated of any changes to the current situation. Should you need further information, any concerns and/or queries, please feel free to contact your account managers or customer service representatives.
Thank you for your understanding.
DHL Global Forwarding Belgium NV/SA