ATTACHMENT 1: REGISTRY RESERVED NAMES
Article 1. General list of Registry Reserved Names
The Domain Names mentioned or described in the following list are Registry Reserved Names and may only be registered in the name of the Registry at the second level of the .DHL extension:
Article 2. Country and Territory Names and short forms
The Domain Names mentioned or described in the following list are Registry Reserved Names at the second level and at all other levels within .DHL for which registration is provided by the Registry and consents from the applicable governments will be obtained to the extend required:
- the short form (in English) of all country and territory names contained on the ISO 3166-1 list, as updated from time to time, including the European Union, which is exceptionally reserved on the , and its scope extended in August 1999 to any application needing to represent the name European Union;
- the United Nations Group of Experts on Geographical Names, Technical Reference Manual for the Standardization of Geographical Names, Part III Names of Countries of the World;
- the list of United Nations member states in 6 official United Nations languages prepared by the Working Group on Country Names of the United Nations Conference on the Standardization of Geographical Names.
Article 3. Other categories of Registry Reserved Names
The (categories of) Domain Names that are to be registered in the name of the Registry include, but are not limited to:
- Names that are directly or indirectly related to the day-to-day activities of the Registry or any of its Affiliates or Licensees;
- Names relating to affiliates, departments and subsidiaries of the Registry;
- Names of geographic locations where Registry and/or its Affiliate(s) or Licensee(s) are active or planning to be active.