Danzas Dubai - Latest Industry News
We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your commitment and continuous support throughout 2017. It has been an exciting time for us. We were able to further extend our market share in both imports and exports and have quite a few innovative IT applications that help us work more efficiently and serve our customers better. Real-time information allows us to better manage your shipments and provide instant updates. We hope to introduce more innovation during the coming year.
You may also have noticed our new trucks on the roads – our commitment to service excellence and reducing the CO2 emissions of our fleet. We are proud to say that we have the most modern truck fleet on UAE roads.
Another significant trend in 2017 was the increased cargo volume handled through DWC airport. The proximity to Jebel Ali and the quick turnaround time makes it the preferred airport for our customers. Our Air Freight de-consolidation facility opposite the cargo terminal has proven that the right location reduces handling time.
Towards the end of 2017 the implementation of VAT dominated our agenda. We have received many of your tax registrations already and expect a smooth implementation in January.
Wishing you all a happy and prosperous New year.
Head of Sales
New Direct Services for DHL Ocean Connect
DHL Global Forwarding Danmar Lines Ocean Connect LCL Americas is pleased to announce the launch of a new direct Less-than-Container-Load (LCL) Service from Houston, Texas USA to Dubai, UAE effective from December 2017.
The LCL route will link all local Houston origins, including Dallas and New Orleans, offering a direct connection to Dubai and the surrounding MEA region.
The new, in-house and own operated, LCL service delivers a transit time of 37 days from Houston to Dubai on a Port to Port basis.
With the launch of this new service, we will be able to provide customers with a reliable and cost effective solution for their shipping needs between these markets.
- Our DHL Ocean Connect LCL team manages traditional LCL with local expertise by providing competitive rates, weekly sailings with LTL pick-ups to gateways serving export shipments to the United Arab Emirates
- DHL Global Forwarding is one of the leading LCL Freight Forwarders in the world with annual volumes of close to 2,000,000 cbms.
- With ground presence in over 180 countries and territories, over 60 national gateways and 9 multinational gateways.
- We ensure a smooth transition from freight collection through to delivery by offering outstanding assembly and distribution networks at both origin and destination as well as throughout the supply chain.
- We offer consistent weekly service with a flexible and reliable price.
The Netherlands Life Science & Healthcare Capabilities
The Life Science & Healthcare Competence Center at Amsterdam Airport is a new modern facility with 1,000 sqm of warehouse space. The facility has CCTV controlled and lighthouse monitoring system.
New Modern Facility:
- Located in Amsterdam airport
- 1,000 sqm warehouse space
- 512 m2 (300 pallet positions) 15-25°C storage
- 118 m2 (100 pallet positions) 2-8°C storage
- CCTV controlled and lighthouse monitoring system
- DG Handling
- Unique Unit Load Device (ULD) handling system
Cold Chain Capabilities:
- Temperature controlled ULD/ container handling
- E-container (re) charging points
- Dedicated temperature controlled loading and unloading area
- Storage capabilities
- Passive packaging and re-icing solutions
ISO 9001: 2013-2016, ISO 14001: 2013-2016, (EU-GDP compliant (2015/C 343/01), TNX certificate, TAPA-A Certificate, AEO, QEP
- Certified Life Sciences Stations: (+75 Stations)
- Certified Life Sciences Specialists (+700 FTEs)
- DHL Global Forwarding Quality Management Systems and GDP guidelines
- DGF QMS & GDP Guidelines
- LS specific supplier management program
- Central certification and audit process
- Life Science specifically designed IT system
- Compliant, single integrated cold chain data source
- Data-driven continuous improvement
- Cold Chain Dashboard for Premium Reporting, and Analytics Tools
- SOP design and implementation
- Automated SOP change management & version control
- Contingency planning
- Measurement & Continuous Improvement with Equipment Cycle Management, Special Ground Handling Arrangement, Risk Evaluation & Mitigation Index
- Visibility through up to 17 pre-determined touch points
- In-transit ambient temperature data via RFID
- Global Centers operating 24/7/365 for proactive monitoring & intervention
- Visibility through +25 pre-determined and customized touch points – multi-modal and 3PL neutrality
- Optional Real-Time Solutions on select routes
- Powerful Cold Chain Analytics within LifeTrack.
- View, integrate, aggregate and store your data in LifeTrack
- Connect to data sources, load, model, automate and build metrics reports and dashboards in LifeTrack
- More Sustainable Sales, Revenue and Customer Satisfaction
- Improved Operational Efficiencies and Cost Savings
- Enhanced Regulatory and Standards Compliance
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Customs Update – VAT & Electronic Undertaking Letters
As per Saudi Arabia Customs official notification, new Value Added Tax (VAT) calculation procedure is implemented from 1 January 2018.
Applicable VAT charges will be updated in new Customs Declaration format while the old format (Blue Print Declaration) will be terminated.
Copies of final Bayans for future records purpose can be obtained by the Batha Border agents from customs. The official customs charge is SAR 200/- per declaration.
In case of any changes in Pre / Transit or Export Declarations (Bayans), we will notify you in due course.
Please note that Saudi Arabia Customs at Batha Border have introduced an online undertaking letter system (Electronic undertaking letters) in order to release Bonded Shipments on a temporary basis.
Previously, the Chamber of Commerce used to attest original letters to release the shipments (Ex. Lab Test inspection required Cargo), now consignees in KSA could login to the Customs System by using existing login details to submit the letters and share the online reference numbers with us to complete the clearance formalities.
Note: This service is currently not available for Non Bonded Shipments (Duty Paid Makasa) therefore Batha customs will require Chamber of Commerce attest original letters for temporary basis clearances.
For further information or assistance, please contact your Danzas Sales or Customer Service contact.
Your Danzas Team